From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ff & chromium trapped in deafness or how to configure ALSA correctly
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:54:17
1 2011/8/21 Maximilian Bräutigam <max.braeutigam@××××××××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Is is possible that ff and chromium are sending data to HDMI since it is
4 > card 0? If you think, it would be helpful to disable card 0 or change
5 > the order, please tell me how to do it?
6
7 Either make udev rules to create the devices in the correct order, or
8 specify the cards order (index) in your alsa config, such as on my
9 system:
10
11 $ cat /proc/asound/card0/id
12 Intel
13 $ cat /proc/asound/card1/id
14 NVidia
15
16 First is my on-board sound, second is my HDMI. So, one card is called
17 "Intel" and other is "NVidia". In modprobe's options I would set it
18 something like this (all on one line)
19
20 options snd-intel-hda model=intel-x58,auto enable_msi=1,0 index=0,1
21 id=Intel,NVidia