From: Skippy <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] youtube-dl has been very slow
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:42:43
1 On 11/15/21 09:14, tastytea wrote:
2
3 snip
6 >> When in gPodder i enable use of Youtube-dl I get the message
7 >>
8 >> Extension cannot be activated.
9 >> Python module not found: youtube_dl
10 >
11 > That looks like it does not use the program, but the python module
12 > directly. You could try if symlinking
13 > /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/yt_dlp to
14 > /usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/youtube_dl helps. Replace python3.9
15 > with your version of course.
16 > If that works, please file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org.
17 >
18 >> Anyone know how to make gPodder use yt-dlp?
19 >>
20 >> Do I simply need a link that sends youtube_dl to yt-dlp?
21 >
22 > yt-dlp already installs a wrapper script in /usr/bin/youtube-dl.
23 >
24 > Kind regards, tastytea
27 I created the symlink as you instructed and it appears to be working.
28 When I enable use of youtube-dl in gPodder I get no error messages. I
29 just added a youtube feed and am downloading some videos.
30
31 Thanks for the assistance.
32
33 In regards to filing a bug - I'm unclear exactly what the bug is. Is
34 the bug the fact that gPodder will not use yt-dlp in place of youtube-dl
35 without your work-around?