From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Get off my lawn?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 17:01:41
1 On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > I think the fundamental flaw with systemd is the fact that the duality
5 > of support for systemd and other init solutions is so quickly abondoned.
6 > If they were allowed (encouraged) to run side by side for a few years,
7 > let folks decide then; as it is a major abandonment of principal, imho.
8
9 The problem is logind. Various apps defaulted to depending on it
10 rather than on consolekit and logind isn't a standalone systemd
11 executable. The Linux world could've been saved a lot aggravation if a
12 differmt choice had been made...
15 > Lot of folks in the embedded linux world, are scratching their heads
16 > at systemd; the conclusion from most of what I read is "no thanks anyway".
17
18 Lennart claims that the embedded world loves systemd. I suspect that,
19 as in other corners of the Linux world, there are lovers and haters of
20 systemd.