From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Slow redraw of windows following -uD --world
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 02:04:45
1 "Hemmann, Volker Armin" <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> writes:
2
3 > Hi,
6 > well, you gave an example why I never use -D (deep) updates.
7 >
8 > I bet something 'broke' because a dependency got updated.
9
10 What is the advantage of never using `deep'... seems I recall reading
11 here that it was sort of necessary after a major update and sync.
14 > Try revdep-rebuild, maybe it will solve the problem.
15
16 Well it found a pretty basic package to be broken:
17 gcc-4.1.1F and is not running this:
18 emerge --oneshot =sys-devel/gcc-4.1.1F
19
20 I think this will run for a while.... do think it will have bearing on
21 the slow redraw I see?
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list