From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] problem with nvidia card -- could it be hardware?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 08:58:33
1 Hi. I am using the nvidia GeForce GT 430 for years and suddenly within
2 the last few days, if I start gdm, it gives me an error, no screens
3 found and dumpss core and if I let it go it will keep dumping core and
4 filling up my root partition. It works with my frame buffer, but no
5 longer with gdm or even startx. So is this some kind of strange
6 hardware glitch? I did downgrade the nvidia driver, but no joy.
7
8 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
11 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
12 How do
13 you spend it?
14
15 John Covici