From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage: fixed or not???
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:27:09
1 On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:03:38 +0100
2 Jarry wrote:
3
4 > Nick Rout wrote:
5 > > To everyone in this thread: it would probably help if you specified
6 > > which version of portage you are running!
7 >
8 > Do you really think it is important? Because since I'm using Gentoo,
9 > I do not take care about versions, portage does it instead of me.
10 > All I do is running this set of commands every night from crontab:
11
12 Of course it bloody matters. If the portage package was changed it
13 results in a new version, so maybe you are not running a version with
14 the "fix". Or maybe you are. But how the hell would we know unless you
15 tell us?
16
17 > So my portage is also always updated, to the last stable version.
18 > Now it is 2.0.51.22-r3...
21 great, so you see the sync delay at 50% with this version or not?
22
23 > Jarry
24 > --
25 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list