From: Nick Fortino <nfortino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Find ebuilds that use a flag
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:32:27
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > I need to be able to find which packages use a particular flag.
6 >
7 > "gpac" to be specific:
8 >
9 > Enable GPAC support when exporting to 3GPP format.
12 > Any simple/global tools to find and list each and every
13 > package available on Gentoo that has this flag as a option?
16 > There is also an ebuild named "gpac"
17 >
18 > Kino is one package the has this "gpac" flag.
19 > How so I know it is the only one that requires
20 > this gpac flag?
21 >
22 > James
29 Using eix (emerge eix; update-eix):
30 eix -e -U gpac
31
32 Using equery:
33 equery hasuse -p -o gpac
34
35 -p meaning search portage tree
36 -o meaning search any overlays you might have
37
38 Listening to your hard drive grind away should convince you it's doing
39 what you want. It should also convince you to use eix.
42 Either way you do it, media-video/keno is the only one
43
44 Nick