From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ~amd64 - my experience so far...
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:38:10
1 On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, so I've been pushing forward and finally I'm emerge -e @world
3 > clean. xfce still doesn't work right. It's in fact pretty unusable at
4 > the moment as it has no menus at all, but it's only a backup
5 > environment so I'm going to ignore that for the moment and build KDE
6 > which should be done in about 2 hours.
7
8 Double-check that xfce-base/xfdesktop package has the menu-plugin USE
9 flag set (and also double-check that xfdesktop is running at all when
10 you're logged into xfce). Run xfconf, maybe it needs to generate the
11 configuration files, or try creating a new user and logging in as that
12 to see if it's just your user's xfce config that is wacky for some
13 reason. :)