From: Andrew Frink <gentoo.user.andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ati-driver update
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:55:42
1 oskar kapala wrote:
2 > Richard Fish wrote:
3 >>
4 >> xorg 7.1 or later require newer drivers. You either have to use the
5 >> xf86-video-ati (the open source drivers included with x.org), or mask
6 >> the new version of x.org.
7 >>
8 >> If you want to update to the current x.org, and abandon the
9 >> proprietary ATI drivers, remove "fglrx" from VIDEO_CARDS in
10 >> /etc/make.conf.
13 > Great, so I have to chose between 3d accel and updated xorg.
14 >
15 > Thanks anyway
16 > oskar
17 Oskar,
18 Blame ATI, they have 3 options, open the driver, keep up with Xorg dev,
19 or piss people off. It as always seemed to me that they like option 3
20
21 Cynyr
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list