From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] LVM on LUKS
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 09:49:13
1 Hi list!
2
3 I'm building a new Gentoo system (notebook) and want to rearrange a few
4 things. I thought it would be good to have the following layout:
5
6 - boot on a normal partition
7 - root on a normal partition
8 - one big encrypted partition (dmcrypt / LUKS)
9 - on that partition an LVM volume group
10 - on that volume group all stuff not necessary for booting: home, var,
11 tmp, etc.
12
13 AFAIK, the Gentoo boot process is organized so that LVM gets stated
14 before dmcrypt is started. I would need it vice versa.
15
16 Is that possible with baselayout-1? Do I need to switch to baselayout-2?
17
18 Thanks in advance!
19 Florian Philipp