From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UDP traffic?
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:42:54
1 Thanks guys! Turns out it was user error as much as anything. My son
2 was setting up the Windows server using Broodwar and UDP. I was
3 running, at the time, an install from the Broodwar CD for the Linux
4 box. That install showed only IPX as an option for joining so it
5 didn't work, as expected. Once I went to BattleNet to get an update
6 for Broodwar UDP became and option, I joined the Windows server and
7 most everything is running fine. I am having some problems with parts
8 of the audio coming through as static, but the game itself plays great
9 so far.
10
11 We also tried it the other way around with the Linux box being the
12 server and letting Windows clients join. That seems to work fine also.
13
14 Thanks alot for the info. Very helpful.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Mark
18