From: czernitko <czernitko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Software for LCD Data Center
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 09:41:46
1 Hello list!
2 I've recently bought LCD television from Panasonic (TX-L32E30E Viera). It is
3 connected to my home LAN and it should be able to access data on local
4 computers using some Data Center feature. From what I've heard, it is
5 something little bit different than common NFS/Samba sharing. It should be
6 natively supported by Win7 and there may be some applications for WinXP.
7 Unfortunately no applications were shipped on CD with the telly. I wonder
8 whether there is some way to connect my home Gentoo server to the telly? Is
9 there any linux application/specific Samba configuration/...? Have anyone
10 tried anything similar?
11
12 Peter