From: Maurice E Johnson <maurice.e.johnson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is anyone using initramfs on Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:39:41
1 I do hope you have read the appropriate documentation.
2 In the Gentoo world, we have a thing called genkernel. Genkernel
3 receives a lot of bad publicity sometimes but it realy is a nice tool
4 if you graduate from the simple command line.
5
6 Under genkernel you have several options for building either
7 kernel
8 modules
9 initramfs
10
11 In fact, the default under 2.6.x kernels is to build an initramfs for
12 you.
13 it will also install the entire mess for you.
14
15 And make the "Correct" entry in your grub.conf
16
17 Here's the magic. if you go in and take a look at the scripts that make
18 up genkernel,
19 you will start to see that you can create any type of initramfs you
20 like.
21
22 For further information,
23