From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xhkeys outliving its welcome
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:34:11
1 Please, please help me to get rid of xhkeys!
2
3 I made the bad decision of trying xhkeys. I added only one shortcut to
4 the default config file (as normal user): Ctrl+Shift+n --> /usr/kde/3.4/bin/konsole
5
6 It works, sort of... Now I want to get rid of that shortcut. Too late, I found that
7 the documentation doesn't tell how to cancel the effects of xhkeys. I
8 assumed it was a daemon, but I guess it just loads something
9 somewhere...
10 I killed the xhkeys process. I unmerged the package. I killed the X server. Still Ctrl+Shift+n
11 launches konsole.
12
13 I can't guess what file in ~ keeps the unwanted commands... Not
14 .Xresources, not .xsession, not .xinitrc...
17 Jorge Almeida
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list