From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need more help with remote access of local X server
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 01:48:48
1 Last month I started a thread on this list about setting up an
2 arrangement so that my wife's computer running Red Hat 9 would be able
3 to access my X server. I was referred to the Gentoo LTSP guide. I
4 followed the guide and set it up. It worked great for about a week and
5 then it just kinda stopped. Now whenever the command "X :1.0 -query
6 bay" (baby is my computer running Gentoo) is issued all we get on my
7 wife's computer is a blank screen with an X cursor (pointer) in the
8 middle of it. The cursor can be moved around, but the screen remains
9 blank otherwise. Since she is using RH9 (which reached its end-of-life
10 years ago) and she never installs new software on it (a.k.a it never
11 changes) and my Gentoo system is updated every night, I thought the
12 problem must be with my computer. I went back through the LTSP guide
13 and checked everything - it all looked right. I've checked the X
14 windows log files on both machines, but didn't find anything. Could
15 something else be causing this that's not mentioned in the guide? Any
16 other advice on how to remedy this problem?
17 -Michael Sullivan-
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list