From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Knock on wood
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:58:48
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:13:18 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
5 >> I've watched Gentoo plummet in the popularity ratings, for example at
6 >> distrowatch.
9 > Distrowatch isn't really an indicator of popularity. You'll notice that
10 > distros rise up the rankings when a new release is due, because people
11 > are checking to see if it's out yet. Gentoo has no such release cycles,
12 > so once installed you have no need to visit Distrowatch.
17 Yep, I haven't looked at distrowatch in ages. I forgot it was even there.
18
19 Dale
20