From: Dutch Ingraham <stoa@×××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NumLock puzzle
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 21:30:01
1 On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 01:27:06PM -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 160524 wabe wrote:
3 > > Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >> I've noticed that the NumLock key goes off after 'startx'.
5 > >> My window manager is Fluxbox & I don't see any mention there
6 > >> nor does there seem to be any setting under /etc/X11 .
7 > >> I have added 'numlock' to the default runlevel,
8 > >> but that makes no difference.
9 > > I had the same "problem" under XFCE till I added to my .xinitrc
10 > > 'xsetleds +num -caps -scroll'
11 >
12 > I tried that, inserting it before/after 'startfluxbox',
13 > but it makes no difference.
14 > 'xsetleds' has no man file & 'which xsetleds' yields nothing.
15 >
16 > Thanks for trying so far. Does anyone have further advice ?
17
18 Sorry if I missed something in this thread, but could you confirm you
19 have the x11-misc/numlockx package installed and have, as the last two
20 lines in your .xinitrc:
21 numlockx&
22 exec fluxbox