From: rzilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OOo-2.2.1 fails to emerge
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:13:14
1 > Any idea what this is about:
2
3 Despite all "reason" behind it, all I had to do to make OOo-2.2.1
4 finally compile on my x86 box was turning off X, sshd and other daemons
5 not necessary during the compilation. (Plus - since mine is a laptop -
6 forcing the graphics card to use as little shared mem as possible in
7 BIOS.) I also suggest just leaving the computer be during the build
8 process - this time might be usefully spent in a church praying to the
9 God of Mercy, Luck & GCC.
10
11 BTW, tweaking C(XX)FLAGS never ever helped me in case of OOo (any
12 version). (But I don't use -O3.)
13
14 -Roman
15 --