From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] booting to grub prompt, but config works
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 19:52:55
1 On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Travis Osterman <tosterman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm performing a gentoo installation and have proceeding without
3 > problem until I went to reboot. I am greeted with the grub prompt and
4 > when issuing $>configfile /boot/grub/grub.conf the boot process
5 > continues without issue. The grub-install command seemed to work
6 > correctly, and I've been googling for some trouble-shooting ideas
7 > without headway.
8 >
9 > Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
12 This happened to me last night. The link menu.lst was missing.
13
14 cd /boot/grub
15 ln -s grub.conf menu.lst
16