From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] adobe flash
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:17:34
1 On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:05:43 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > I have a couple of systems with flash that are always a pain to update
4 > because the checksums fail so you have to manually force a manifest
5 > rebuild first. As I have to update them anyway, is there a ways to
6 > override the portage checksums and say install anyway? Because this
7 > package always fails anyway, I cant see any security gain by having a
8 > manual update every-time anyway.
9
10 It looks like FEATURES="digests" will do what you want, but don't enable
11 it globally. man make.conf for more info.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 "Most problems go away if you just wait long enough. It might look like
18 I'm standing motionless but I'm actively waiting for our problems to go
19 away. I don't know why this works but it does."
20 Scott Adams, Dilbert comic