From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Stable versions vanished!?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 20:41:52
1 After finishing my latest sync, portage moaned about problems with my
2 world file. emaint found out it was due to some package updates that
3 deleted the versions I have installed and left only unstable ones.
4 In particular, it was dev-tex/latex-beamer and its dependencies, pgf and
5 xcolor. Nice to see somebody has gotten around to updating the ebuilds,
6 but if there's a stable version, wouldn't it make sense to leave at
7 least one around so people can decide if they want to use the unstable?
8 net-im/skype has the same problem. It's asking for a new dbus which I'll
9 just try out---hope it doesn't break too many things. I suppose they
10 don't offer the old version for download any more and the new one
11 doesn't work with the stable dbus?
12
13 regards and a belated Merry $APPROPRIATE_HOLIDAY to all!
14 Matthias
15 --
16 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
17 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665