From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wine cannot compile with jpeg flag
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:36:07
1 On 3/15/10, Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > i have enabled 'jpeg' flag in my /etc/make.conf, but i still cannot
3 > compile wine with jpeg support, and i really need this feature.
4 >
5 > the output of emerge -pv wine shows '(-jpeg)'. i think it is masked by
6 > profile. i then created '/etc/portage/profile/package.use.force', and
7 > putted 'app-emulation/wine jpeg' in it, but i still cannot compile
8 > wine with jpeg support.
9
10 Create /etc/portage/profile/package.use.mask and type in
11 'app-emulation/wine -jpeg' (note the minus) to locally unmask the jpeg
12 flag for wine.
13
14 I don't know how good idea that is, though, as
15 /usr/portage/profiles/arch/amd64/package.use.mask has the following
16 for wine (maybe you'd better check the relevant bugs noted for jpeg
17 first?):
18
19 # Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> (02 Feb 2009)
20 # esd, bug 301824
21 # mp3, bug 283860, 299490
22 # jpeg, bug 283089, 303255, 299149
23 # capi, 292938
24 # ghoto2, 286563
25 # scanner, 299505
26 # hal, 299149
27 app-emulation/wine capi esd gphoto2 hal jpeg mp3 scanner
30 Arttu V.