From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update : how to keep it going?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:43:58
1 2012/11/30 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
2
3 > Hi,
4 > this is nuissance all the time.
5 >
6 > Updating a machine which hasn't been updated for a long(er) time I try
7 >
8 > emerge -vup --changed-use --deep --tree --with-bdeps y @system @world
9 > >/root/UPD
10 >
11 > But many times this stops prematurely with messages like
12 >
13 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-text/poppler-bindings-**
14 > 0.5.0"
15 >
16 > How can I keep emerge going and tell me these message all at once in the
17 > end?
18 >
19 > Many thanks for hint,
20 > Helmut.
24 Check the option --keep-going , but you will not have all messages at the
25 end, as far as I remember. If so, you can redirect the output to a file.
26
27 Francisco
30 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
31 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have
32 one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."
33 - George Bernard Shaw