From: "Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov" <ploujj@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] root on EVMS, evms_activate, checkroot, rw/ro mount, gah
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 03:23:49
1 I'll start by presenting some info about my system. You'll find the
2 actual problems (numbered) in the middle of this message.
3
4 I have my root file system on RAID 1
5 I use an initrd image to get my system going. The image was simply taken from:
6 http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25076
7
8 I have added:
9
10 mount / -n -o remount,rw
11 [[ -z ${CDBOOT} ]] && start_addon evms
12
13 to /etc/init.d/checkroot
14 and removed anything evms related from /etc/init.d/checkfs
15
16 There are a few problems when I boot though:
17
18 1. the above "mount" command prints this:
19
20 mount: /dev/evms/system already mounted or / busy
21 mount: according to mtab, rootfs is already mounted on /
22
23 so the root fs isn't mounted read-only, and thus EVMS isn't protected
24 from other running instances:
25
26 Engine: Unable to open the ENgine lock file /var/locks/evms-engine:
27 Read-only file system. The Engine is not protected against other
28 instances of the Engine being opened at the same time.
29
30 2. It gets worse because I see:
31 "Activating EVMS" at least once after the checkroot script finishes running.
32
33 I cannot find where this might be coming from.
34 I went as far as commenting out:
35
36 start_addon dm-crypt
37
38 from /etc/init.d/localmount, but I still didn't find what is
39 activating EVMS unnecessarily.
43 Any help is appreciated.
46 () ASCII Ribbon Campaign
47 /\ - against HTML mail & vCards