From: Andrew MacKenzie <amackenz@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to Install Bacula Client Using Portage?
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:00:18
1 > I'm new to both Gentoo and Linux so I apologize if this is a stupid
2 > question. I've used bacula on FreeBSD and would like to put the bacula
3 > client on a Gentoo box I have running MythTV. Is there a way to build
4 > the client only using portage? Or do I have to build the whole thing
5 > and then only start the client? I've read the handbook on gentoo.org
6 > but can not seem to figure this one out.
7 'emerge bacula' installs the whole thing.
8
9 What I did was to comment out the SD and DIR daemons in the
10 /etc/init.d/bacula startup script (they're all started separately).
11
12 It would be nice if there were at least a separate start-up script for the
13 file daemon...
16 // Andrew MacKenzie | http://www.edespot.com
17 // GPG public key: http://www.edespot.com/~amackenz/public.key
18 // "The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some
19 // point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment
20 // us without end, for they do with the approval of their consciences."
21 // --C.S. Lewis