From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:51:21
1 if the fan is running all the time, i'd keep it of the floor and out of the dust as much as possible.  might add a filter to the inlet, i've done it on processor fans and it doesn't seem to have any negative effect, though you have to remember to check it occasionally.  The fan likely makes it much more robust and allows smaller heatsinks inside.   If you're handy, you could also replace the fan with a more silent  fan as long as you at least match the airflow rating of the current fan.  There is a wide range of fans the same physical size but widely varying air flows and power consumption, any thing from 0/0r amps to 2 amps in the 80mm, and that's just what i've seen.   The fan also likely extends  the allowable ambient temperature as well.
2
3 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
4 --
5 "The U.S. intelligence community concluded in a report made public in January that the Kremlin sought to disrupt the 2016 election and sway the race in Trump's favor."  From "thehill.com".  Only Trump and his duplicitous supports try to say it was Clinton who conspired.  Frankly Trump is likely guilty of treason, the sooner he's impeached and indited the better, along with ALL of his supporters in goverment.
8 30. Oct 2017 08:47 by michaelkintzios@×××××.com: