From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale in gnome
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:14:13
1 David Eduardo Gómez Noguera schreef:
2 > Hi. I have a problem where gnome is using POSIX locale in my user. I
3 > start gnome from entrance, and gnome-terminal gives me, when I run
4 > locale,
5 >
6 > LANG= LC_CTYPE="POSIX" LC_NUMERIC="POSIX" LC_TIME="POSIX"
7 > LC_COLLATE="POSIX" LC_MONETARY="POSIX" LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
8 > LC_PAPER="POSIX" LC_NAME="POSIX" LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
9 > LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX" LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX" LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
10 > LC_ALL=
11 >
12 > even after: $ export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 LANG=en_US.utf8 $
13 > gnome-terminal
14 >
15 > I can't type any latin characters or use im-ja either
18 Have you tried another terminal (like xterm)? What version of
19 GNOME/gnome-terminal?
22 > I also run WindowMaker, and subsequently I run gnome-settings-daemon,
23 > when I do this I have no problem.
26 OK, so when you run gnome-settings-daemon, it all works fine, but when
27 you... don't?... it does not?
28
29 So what WM/DE are you using when gnome-settings-daemon does not run at
30 login? If GNOME, then something is wrong. If anything other than GNOME,
31 the solution seems clear; run gnome-settings-daemon when logging into
32 that WM/DE.
33
34 HTH,
35 Holly