From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE plasma desktop view shows files that don't exist
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 15:10:31
1 Checking here for any ideas or suggestions before I report as a KDE bug.
2
3 I have my KDE Plasma desktop set to show my ~/Desktop folder. Two days
4 ago, I created a script.pl Perl script in that folder. (No, I don't
5 generally do work in that folder, but I just needed a quick script to
6 deal with a file I had just downloaded there.) After editing that file
7 in emacs, a script.pl~ also showed up on the Desktop.  However, so did a
8 file #script.pl#, and actually I now have three files showing that
9 name.  The original and the emacs backup also show up in Dolphin and an
10 "ls" command in a terminal.  None of the "#" files do, however, which is
11 expected, as there are transient working files only during an active
12 emacs session.
13
14 Trying to edit one (double click) from the desktop opens an empty file,
15 and right clicking and selecting Properties shows the correct info as of
16 when the file actually existed - but if I ask for any checksums, they
17 show up as blank fields.
18
19 I've looked, and have not found any relevant bug on the KDE bugzilla.
20 (As it's not likely a Gentoo bug, I don't see any point in filing at b.g.o.)
21
22 Has anyone else noticed this?  Can anyone else reproduce it?
23
24 Thanks for any feedback.
25
26 Jack