From: David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVidia drivers and vanilla kernel Linux 4.7.0 anyone?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 09:53:46
1 Hello,
2
3 On Sat, 30 Jul 2016, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de> [16-07-30 13:24]:
5 [..]
6 >> I've got it working with the attached patch in
7 >> /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-367.35/
8 [..]
9 >Short qyestion: How can I apply it...I mean...as soon as I do an
10 >emerge, either the original source will be unpacked or my package
11 >will be rejected for being modified an different from the one, which
12 >does not compile...
13
14 In this case: just create the dir
15
16 mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-367.35/
17
18 and save the patch there. The rest works "as if by magic" thanks to
19 the epatch-user in the ebuild. The version in the directory-name makes
20 it only get applied to that version of the driver.
21
22 HTH,
23 -dnh
26 If you fall and break your legs, don't come running to me.
27 -- Samuel Goldwyn