From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gpg signature verification failures
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 17:35:20
1 On Sunday 18 Sep 2016 10:10:02 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > I noticed a lot of gpg signed mail on mailing lists fails signature
3 > verification lately, including this list. (Others: lkml, haskell-cafe,
4 > mutt-users, even oss-security.)
5 >
6 > It's not just me: quite a few others seem to have made the same
7 > observation. Please see the latest thread on mutt-users:
8 >
9 > http://marc.info/?l=mutt-users&m=147417981514310&w=2
10 >
11 > Note that it is _not_ a mutt problem: one gets the same "BAD signature"
12 > result from a bare gpg run on the extracted message part.
13 >
14 > So, what's going on? This would seem to be a Big Deal [TM].
15
16 The way some clients attach gpg signatures (in line, or multipart) makes a
17 difference, depending on the receiving mail client. I have seen bad signatures
18 in this M/L but it is not a regular occurrence.
21 Regards,
22 Mick