From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange issue about package.mask
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 06:32:04
1 On 10/25/2011 05:41 AM, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
2 > I don't want to compile the big thing - libreoffice, so I use
3 > libreoffice-bin instead.
4 > To prevent myself from emerging libreoffice by mistake, I add it to
5 > package.mask
6 > But there's a strange thing going on here.
7 > If the contents of package.mask are like this:
8 > app-office/libreoffice
9 >
10 > equery u libreoffice shows me the unstable version (9999)
11 >
12 > while if the contents are like this:
13 > -app-office/libreoffice
14 >
15 > equery u libreoffice shows the proper one, 3.4.3 (~amd64).
16 >
17 > Also, with other packages this is not the issue. They get masked
18 > (instead of getting unmasked) without that hyphen in the beginning.
19
20 equery seems to try to avoid masked packages. I guess when every
21 version of a package is masked, it just picks the latest available.