From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 23:32:24
1 On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:11:15 -0500
2 Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > If I know that I have been careful in the past, this is not a
5 > problem, since the contents of world will be accurate. However, I'm a
6 > little worried that I may have forgotten --oneshot and added
7 > PEAR-Mail by mistake on an upgrade. Now, I have to either risk
8 > breaking some customer's site, or leave PEAR-Mail in my world file
9 > forever.
10
11 TwoIf I know that I have been careful in the past, this is not a
12 problem, since the contents of world will be accurate. However, I'm a
13 little worried that I may have forgotten --oneshot and added PEAR-Mail
14 by mistake on an upgrade. Now, I have to either risk breaking some
15 customer's site, or leave PEAR-Mail in my world file forever. questions:
16
17 1. How do you propose any possible software could help with this?
18
19 2. Why do you care about those specific packages in world? Do they
20 cause a conflict or some other large problem? Personally I'd just leave
21 them in world
25 Alan McKinnnon
26 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com