From: "David M. Fellows" <dmf@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simple replacement for "getmail"?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 11:45:39
1 >On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 01:02:43 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 >
3 >> Would "fetchmail" work as a drop-in replacement for getmail here? Are
4 >> there any better, simpler solutions?
5 >
6 >I switched to getmail years ago because of frustrations with fetchmail.
7 >At the moment I have getmail in my overlay and unmasked so I'm still
8 >using it, but a comparable alternative would be welcome.
9
10 getmail6 is a fork of getmail-5.14. The project is on github
11 https://github.com/getmail6
12
13 It is early days but it is currently working for me fetching from POP3,
14 POP3 with SSL, and IMAP with ssl.
15
16 My description of what I did to get it into my overlay is shown at
17 https://github.com/getmail6/getmail6/issues/7#issuecomment-661534001
18
19 The instructions in the README say how to install it in a directory of
20 your choice.
21
22 DaveF
25 >--
26 >Neil Bothwick
27 >
28 >The considered application of terror is also a form of communication.
29 >
30 >>> application/pgp-signature attachment