From: Qiangning Hong <hongqn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] vmware guest os timer extremely slow
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:18:36
1 Hardware: Thinkpad R52, pentium-m 1.73G,
2 Host: suspend2-sources-2.6.13-r4, vmware-workstation-4.5.2.8848-r7
3 Guest OS: Windows 2000 professional
4
5 The windows guest os is extemely slow. After double-click the date at
6 bottom-right corner and show the second hand of the clock, I find that
7 it cost more than 10 seconds for the guest os to increase *one* second.
8 That is, the timer in the guest os is 10 times slower than the host.
9 How can I resolve this?
10
11 One of the support articals on the vmware's website says /dev/rtc is
12 needed to give high-resolution timer, so I recompiled my kernel and now
13 I have a /dev/rtc (which symlink to /dev/misc/rtc). But the problem is
14 still there.
18 Qiangning Hong
19 http://www.hn.org/hongqn (RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hongqn)
20