From: "Jan Stępień" <jan@×××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gnome, KDE applications and diacritical characters
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:52:34
Hi everyone,

Despite being a Gnome fan, I've been using few KDE apps, such as Amarok
and Kile. I've emerged them on my Gentoo desktop with a Gnome
environment. Unfortunately I'm not able to force a KDE apps to display
Polish diacritical characters (e.g. ć, ł, ę). All I can see instead of
them are small rectangles. I've tried to use qtconfig to change fonts
but it hasn't solve the problem. In my USE flag "unicode" is disabled.
I'm using ISO-8859-2 encoding.

Taking into account that this is an international group, I hope that
I'll be able to find someone who experienced similar problems and
managed to find a solution. Help would be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jan Stępień

--
Mail 	jan at stepien com pl