From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and a pesky pop-up then it disconnects.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 04:51:41
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 29. September 2009 schrieb Dale:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I mentioned this a while back in another thread. Now it is even worse.
7 >> When I tell Kopete to make me "online" with Yahoo, I get a pop-up that
8 >> says I am using a old version of Yahoo messenger. If I close the
9 >> message box, it throws me offline. Basically, I can't stay online with
10 >> Kopete and Yahoo anymore.
11 >> [...]
12 >> As you can see, I'm still on KDE 3.5.
15 > We had the very same topic a short while ago. I have the same popup, though I
16 > get connected nonetheless. I don't get the popup with kopete 4.
19 >> I'm just not ready for KDE 4 yet. If I filed a roach report, would it be
20 >> fixed?
23 > Very unlikely, as all KDE3 stuff is practically dead. :'-(
26 >> Is there something that I can do here to make this boo boo message go away
27 >>
28 > and me stay online?
29 >
30 > Use an alternative. :-/
33 Can you check and see if Kopete for KDE4 is using port 5050 and
34 scs.msg.yahoo.com for the address? I'm hoping that they have changed
35 the port number or address as part of the change and MAYBE I can fool it
36 into thinking I'm up to date. I'm not holding my breath tho. ;-)
37
38 Dale
39