From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge messages (baselayout)...
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 12:08:36
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I just did "emerge --deep --update --newuse world",
5 > and after updating baselayout I have noticed something
6 > like "...baselayout does not use /etc/init.d/domainname
7 > (or /etc/conf.d/domainname?), look in..."
8 >
9 > But that message scrolled up, and I can not find it.
10 > What was there? Is there any way of seeing those
11 > messages after finishing emerge, or are they lost?
12 >
13 > Why portage does not save those messages somewhere?
14 > In /var/log/emerge.log there are is only info about
15 > packages being merged/unmerged...
16 >
17 > Jarry
18
19 I ran into this a while back. Just move /etc/hostname to
20 /etc/conf.d/hostname and it should be fine. Mine doesn't save those
21 messages either that I can find. Maybe someone else will come along
22 with help on that part.
23
24 Dale
25