From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <BastianBalthazarBux@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vixie-Cron Issues
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:28:54
1 Korthrun wrote:
2
4 >Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 >Heyyas,
7 >
8 > I have been getting these errors with the latest vixie-cron, and
9 >have noticed similar things in the past with
10 >other cron daemons, and other systems. This is the first time I've
11 >seen it with vixie cron.
12 >
13 > I have been getting mails with subject/content like this:
14 >
15 >Subject: Cron <root@penis> est -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons
16 >/bin/bash: line 1: est: command not found
17 >
18 >Subject: Cron <root@penis> m -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.hourly
19 >/bin/bash: line 1: m: command not found
20 >
21 > The cronjobs causeing this, I assume are:
22 >*/10 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons
23 >0 * * * * root rm -f /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.hourly
24 >Respectivly.
25 >
26 > So it looks like cron is accepting 'root' as the username to run
27 >the command as, is doing SOMETHING with the
28 >first letter of each command, and running the rest as something
29 >seperate. Does vixie-cron not accept that
30 >username-before-command syntax? I noticed that I couldn't find
31 >anything mentioning it in `man crontab` or `man 5
32 >crontab`. If so, I am assuming this crontab was installed with the
33 >stage3 tarball and not vixiecron?
34 >
35 > Anyinsight would be appreciated.
36 >
37 >Thanks much,
38 >Korf
41 I'm laughing reading previous answer ...
42 try to delete the charachters "t t" read it from the last root
43 letter to the first test letter and digit it again, whats happen
44 (shot in the dark)
45
46 regards francesco
49 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list