From: Urs Schutz <u.schutz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Microphone problems Thinkpad X300
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 21:27:32
1 On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:22:40 +0000
2 Alokat <mailing@××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Hi guys,
5 >
6 > I have some problems to get my headset to work.
7 >
8 > I have a snd_hda_intel soundcard and the output works
9 > pretty good - like watching videos etc pp.
10 >
11 > But Skype is not able to use my mic. I can hear myself in
12 > the speakers but for some reasons I can't use the mic for
13 > a skype phonecall.
14 >
15 > I have installed alsa after this documentation:
16 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/alsa-guide.xml
17 >
18 > Alsaconf does not recognize my soundcard, but alsamixer
19 > works.
20 >
21 > Is there a special Kernelmodule I need to install?
22
23 I don't think so.
24
25 ...module details snipped...
26
27 After installation of alsa none of the microphone channels
28 get captured (recorded) by default. Even when you can hear
29 them in the headset they do not get captured. Try the
30 following:
31
32 Alsamixer starts up and shows just the "Playback" channels.
33 To see what is getting captured press key "F4" when
34 alsamixer is running. This shows the "Capture" channels.
35 Then go to one of the microphone channels (maybe named
36 Capture or Capture 1), and press your space bar to toggle
37 the capturing.
38 There should appear the word "CAPTURE" in red letters below
39 the microphone channel. If capture is inactive then there
40 are white dashes (-------) below the channel.
41 You can activate all your microphone channels for capture.
42 Now you have your microphone captured, and can record sound
43 and use skype.
44 gnome-alsamixer is another graphical mixer, which I like
45 better then alsamixer.
46
47 If this does not work post the output of
48 amixer
49 here.
50
51 Urs