From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] package.mask and my thick skull
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:04:41
1 Good afternoon,
2
3 This has been discussed over and over in this list, but I am unable to
4 find any references that make sense to me. Could someone please explain
5 the different ways that you can specify an atom in package.mask?
6
7 I currently have
8
9 app-office/openoffice ~x86 # in package.keywords
10
11 app-office/openoffice-2.0.2-r2 is currently installed
12
13 I would like to be able to mask all updates until
14
15 app-office/openoffice-2.0.3 or app-office/openoffice-2.1
16
17 Is this possible?
18
19 Thanks,
20 festus
23 It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
24 clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.
25 Noam Chomsky