From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenOffice 2.0 has long pauses
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:24:57
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:24:07 -0600
4 Dennis <devel@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > I've been using OpenOffice 2.0 since the 1.9.xx beta era. For a while,
7 > I've had issues with the responsiveness when I click a menu or use the
8 > scroll bar with my mouse. Clicking a menu or scrolling with the mouse
9 > causes the program to pause for a few seconds before something happens.
10 > I don't have this issue with other applications. Is this an
11 > installation or configuration issue? Or is it simply a slow OpenOffice?
12 > Anyone else have similar symptoms? Can it be fixed?
13
14 You're shure that your hardware allows a fluent work with OOo? You
15 might want to keep an eye on swapin/swapout measure at the time you're
16 experiencing this. You can monitor this easily by issuing
17
18 $ vmstat 2
19
20 in a shell window. If the si/so values are high in such a situation,
21 you simply lack a bit of RAM.
22
23 -hwh
24 --