From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] burning a dvd+r dl - when trying to play: a52: CRC check failed!
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 14:32:22
1 On 2 Oct 2008, at 11:22, KH wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I am trying to capy a DVD. Somewhere it does not work as I want it.
4 > What
5 > I did until now:
6 >
7 > #mplayer dvd://
8 > #dd if=/dev/cdrom of=~/folder/moviedvd.iso
9 > #mplayer -dvd-device ~/folder/moviedvd.iso dvd://
10
11 I think that mplayer may be running DeCSS on the iso, but you're
12 writing a scrambled image to the disk. I'm really sure that you can't
13 copy a region-locked disk using `dd` as you describe.
14
15 Can you try running something like (from my Bash history):
16 $ vobcopy -m
17 $ mkisofs -dvd-video -o fargo.iso FARGO_16X9
18
19 Stroller.