From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 05:48:57
1 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
2
3 > On Monday 31 March 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
4 >> Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >> > On 30 Mar 2008, at 06:47, Michael Schmarck wrote:
6 >> >> ...
7 >> >> In your world, an aggressor is doing nothing wrong? Do I
8 >> >> understand that right?
9 >> >> ...
10 >> >> Get real.
11 >> >
12 >> > When you're describing someone who has annoyed you on the
13 >> > Internet as an "aggressor" it probably means you need to take a
14 >> > break for a while
15 >>
16 >> How else would you describe Alan in his first post in the thread?
17 >> Troll? Would that fit better?
18 >
19 > Hello, people! Calm down, will you?
20
21 No problem. But if people "provoke" a reaction, I've got to "defend"
22 myself and my position.
23
24 > Michael, if you scan past posts by Alan, you will find out that he is
25 > full of jokes - good ones and some not so good. He is neither aan
26
27 Here he certainly made one of the "not so good ones".
28
29 > aggressor, nor a troll. Just full of - sometimes weird - humour.
30
31 Agreed.
32
33 > He was pulling your leg; that's different from trolling.
34
35 Yes, it is. But here you're saying it as well. *HE* was doing
36 something, which provoked some sort of reaction. Maybe my reaction
37 was not what he wanted go get (that's what he's saying at least
38 and it's also what I believe to be true). But, you know, if
39 he wouldn't have done what he did, we wouldn't have this mess.
40
41 To a certain degree, this mess may also be my fault, but it's
42 absolutely not only my fault. Alan is at least as "guilty" as I am.
43
44 You're right though - "aggressor" and/or "troll" aren't the right
45 words. Couldn't and still can't think of better ones though.
46
47 Michael
50 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list