From: Jason Dodson <jasond@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My box freezee sometimes
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:12:08
1 99% of people with this issue have a cheap, insufficient power supply.
2
3 Fernando Antunes wrote:
4 > Hi, my Pentium 4 box freeze suddenly sometimes. Reboot is a only solution.
5 > I can try to figure out for a especific use or especific application
6 > to associate, but no success.
7 > I suspect this is a hardware problem or misconfigured driver.
8 >
9 > Where I find last kernel panic logs after reboot ?
10 > What are the first steps to investigate this ?
11 >
12 > Thanks for any clue ?
15 > BOX:
16 > Pentium 4
17 > RAM 512 RAM
18 > gentoo 2.6-15-gentoo-r1 (olders have the sma problem)
19 > xorg-x11 6.8.2-r6 (nv driver on a TNT2 Riva)
24 The information transmitted herewith is sensitive information intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list