From: Rafael Barrera Oro <borafael@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] postgresql weird incompatibility problem
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:24:03
1 That worked perfectly, thanks for all your help people.
4 2007/10/16, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>:
7 > On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 12:10 -0300, Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
8 > > I just installed it so i did not have any useful data. I must admit
9 > > though, i did not stop the database before unmerging and emerging,
10 > > however i did run emerge --config afterwards.
13 > You should have stopped the database before you remove the database
14 > files... Did you ever stop the database? If not, you're still running
15 > 8.0 while your emerge installed 8.2 files and then the database
16 > naturally got confused. The --config probably tried to connect to the
17 > running 8.0 service and told it do do something with the installed 8.2
18 > files.
19 >
20 > It doesn't really matter *what* happened exactly. The point is you
21 > should just start over.
22 >
23 > * Stop postgres. kill all postgres processes.
24 > * unmerge postgress
25 > * remove /var/lib/postgresql
26 > * re-install posgress
31 > --