From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] XFS FileSystem - Slow Writes
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 04:11:15
1 Has anyone here, who uses XFS fs, experiencing slow filesystem writes?
2 I'm seeing throughput of like 4-3MB/s instead of like previously
3 15-20MB/s.
4 I have read that there was some thing about "barriers" and I've tried
5 re-mounting the FS w/ "nobarriers" but the performance didn't improve.
6
7 I've already fscked the fs w/ the latest xfsprogs (> 2.8.0) to no good
8 effect.
9
10 Anyone has any clue or suggestions? Else, I'm gonna go and change the FS
11 back to EXT3.
12
13 BTW: it's my /home which is XFS which houses GIGs of Mbox files as well
14 as VMware images.
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list