From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multi monitor and fullscreen games
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 15:14:40
1 Am 01.01.2013 13:21, schrieb Sebastian Beßler:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I got a second monitor and have KDE running in xinerama big screen mode
5 > without problems. Most everything works great but every game that I
6 > tried was streched over both screens when in fullscreen and gets so
7 > unplayable for me.
8 >
9 > Xinerama useflag is set and xinerama is loaded by X without error.
10 >
11 > My card:
12 >
13 > # lspci |grep VGA
14 > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI
15 > Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6800 Series]
16 >
17 > I use the opensource drivers with KMS here.
18 >
19 [...]
20 >
21 > Is there anything that can be done to fix this problems with fullscreen
22 > games?
23 >
24 > The best would be if I could configure X to use the monitors as seperate
25 > screens 0:1 and 0:2 but when I try to configure this in Xorg.conf the
26 > second screen is not found and both monitors are configured in clone mode.
27 >
28 > This is the xorg.conf that I tried last, atm no xorg.conf is used at all.
29 >
30 [...]
31
32 I recommend getting rid of xinerama. xrandr can handle multiple monitors
33 just fine. If you are on KDE, try installing kde-base/kephal and use no
34 xorg.conf.
35
36 I still have the xinerama USE flag enabled globally as it adds
37 multi-monitor awareness to some applications.
38
39 With that, fullscreen applications work for me. Some still deactivate
40 the second display or change the resolution but otherwise it works just
41 fine.
42
43 Regards,
44 Florian Philipp