From: "Сергей" <protserovsd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Subpixel Hinting in GTK-applications
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:46:23
1 Hello everybody. In my Gentoo system (I have also tried Gentoo 2012
2 livedvd) GTK-applications (for example: mousepad, gedit, leafpad,
3 Firefox, Chromium and all the websites opened in these two browsers)
4 do not use Subpixel Hinting. I have tried setting Subpixel Hinting
5 settings via KDE systemsettings, eselect fontconfig (enable
6 sub-pixel-rgb), .Xresources (Xft.rgba: rgb), xfce4-settings-manager
7 and mate settings manager. I have tried KDE, Xfce, Mate, pure Openbox.
8 Profiles: desktop or desktop/kde. If I change hinting style
9 (slight/medium/full) fonts in GTK-applications change, but it seems
10 like they ignore subpixel hinting settings. I have tried fonts:
11 Tahoma, Arial, Lucida Sans (for websites), DejaVuSans, LiberationSans
12 (for desktop applications). In KDE-applications everything is fine:
13 subpixel hinting is used, Konqueror displays fonts on websites
14 normally. Can you please help me? I am in desperation.