From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Inkscape-0.48.1-r1 really sloooooow
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:51:01
1 Hi All,
2
3 I installed inkscape-0.48.1-r1 on a x86 machine. For a few
4 seconds/minutes after opening an svg image rendering is fast as
5 expected, but soon it gets bogged down to the point of seeing the
6 image being rendered in slow motion, a row at a time if e.g. I scroll
7 up or down the page. Only 20% of RAM (of 3G total) is being used at
8 the time, so I'm guessing this could be something to do with the ATI
9 video card?
10
11 Other graphics apps open at the same time (e.g. Gimp) do not have such
12 problems rendering graphics (albeit not svg).
13
14 Before I post loads of info which may be unnecessary, have you come
15 across anything similar and how can I troubleshoot it?
16
17 PS. I unmasked 0.48.1-r1 because 0.48.0 was even worse.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick