From: Marco <listworks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless not working anymore
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:29:55
1 On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Neil Bothwick<neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:57:41 +0200, Marco wrote:
3
4 [...]
5
6 > It looks like you installed a new microcode package two days ago, that
7 > may be incompatible with your card. Have you tried rolling back to the
8 > previous version?
9
10 I just rolled back to iwl3945-ucode-15.28.1.6. Wireless is working again.
11
12 Is the fact that the new version 15.32.2.9 does not work anymore
13 something I should report in the bug database?
14
15 >> > You may have it installed, but it is either in the wrong place or an
16 >> > incompatible version as the kernel cannot load it.
17 >>
18 >> How can I find out about that? Where should it be located?
19 >
20 > qlist will show where is is installed, /lib/firmware is the standard
21 > location.
22
23 There it is!
24